Proof of Funds
Every applicant must demonstrate that they have sufficient financial resources available to them to pay tuition fees, maintain him/herself and dependants who go to Canada, and to pay return transportation costs without engaging in employment in Canada.
For example, students without accompanying dependants must demonstrate that they have at least $10,000 CDN plus the cost of tuition for a twelve-month period, plus the cost of transportation to and fro from Canada. Canadian $10,000 is the base amount considered adequate to cover all costs, other than tuition, for one person for a twelve-month period. Some educational institutions require that more funds be available; if the local cost of living is higher than average, more money may also be required.
Documents Required for Study Permit
- Completed Student Visa Application form.
- Completed Family Information Form
- Official Unconditional Letter of acceptance from Canadian university
- TOEFL/IELTS scores if applicable
- Passport, valid for at least one year from the planned date of entry to Canada
- Medical Examination Certificate from Designated Practitioner
- Visa Processing Fees
- Canadian student visa requirements also include proof of funds to support yourself. At present this is deemed to be CAD$10,000 on top of your 1 year tuition fee payments.
Contact our office to discuss your visa application.